This is the "second half" of the recording made when we were last together with two more rounds of the quiz. For the final round, I have added the quiz sheets that the guys were presented with below this paragraph in case anybody wanted to play along.The questions were (from left to right) -
- 6 of these 9 Brazilian stars are in their all time top ten caps list - which 6?
- 6 of these 9 nations finished in the top 10 of last years Olympic medal table - which 6?
- 6 of these 9 teams currently play in the Russian Premier League - which 6?
Click on the images to blow them up if required.
If you are wondering why this group table is appearing here along with the video that follows then the podcast further explains the reasons for this bizarre event that happened during the 1994 Caribbean Cup in a match between Barbados (not Bahamas as stated in the podcast) and Grenada (not Panama). Here is a link to the Wikipedia page
that goes into even more detail.
Seeing as it is the first of a new year (and a new season for us) I have given the beginning an extra special big build up before we get going. This podcast is just over 1 hour and 1 minute long.
Yes, the new podcast has been recorded. The three of us did get back together on Tuesday to record for the first time in around seven months and yes there is a new quiz and a new format.But where is the podcast? Well, it still needs a little editing to be finished off on it which will probably take me longer than twenty minutes to do. But before I just post it on here as I did all the other podcasts of last year I just need some confirmation from :-anybody that liked - or even disliked the podcasts, some kind of acknowledgement - in fact any kind of acknowledgement that they want it on this website.just some kind of proof that the visitors that do come to do this website really do exist even if they ended up here by mistake!I say all of this because according to the daily stats regarding this site, we get several hundreds of visitors each day at the very least. So I find it strange that in relation to that there are no comments on so many of the posts. There are also so many articles that have no likes or Facebook shares either. So, I just need to know if either my stats are lying, my web hostings services are lying or people are just genuinelly not bothering to comment or share on anything on this site.There are several options to show some kind of even the most minimal acknowledgement. Comment below or share on Facebook or on Twitter below this article. Email me directly by clicking this link that will allow you to directly send a private message to me.Alternatively, I also placed a contact form at the top of the home page just for anybody to actually click and just register as saying that they have visited - and truly, that is all that it does.I just need to know if we are talking into completely empty cyberspace - as nobody would like to be doing so much work inside an empty stadium or even a small room.
When the last podcast that was recorded and added to this site back in May 2012, I had no idea that it would take the three of us this long to get back together again. But finally, here we are and hopefully ready to get going after the new year. There have been several reasons for this - mainly Gino's disappearing act and both George and I agreed that the show just could not go on without him. But now he has resurfaced - in fact, we are all getting together this very weekend (but not for any recording purposes although I am sure it will come up in conversation) and we will try and pin down an exact starting date when to recommence. Some time in January is what I have suggested to them to which I received positive feedback from both.Whether or not the podcasts will be weekly again as they were last season remains to be seen but that would be my plan.
I did mention some of the new plans for the podcast in my Seasons Greetings article
. In the mean time, there will be a podcast added to this site within the next few days. We did actually make another recording during the European Championships which I never actually added so some of that will be added right here along with some of the recordings that did not make the original cuts.
Our 16th podcast will be recorded this Sunday as we get together for the final matches of the Premier Division for this season. Therefore we will be able to comment on how it all pans out and also the relegation and play-off issues that are still on-going. Of course the quiz will continue with the current score at 6-3 and 4-3 in favour of George so it will still continue past this weekend. After this podcast we will be back during Euro 2012 although I am working on some other plans through the summer - if I can get the boys to agree!
Round 3 Questions
- Cesar Cielo is the current world record holder for the 100m freestyle. What is his time?
- Eric Moussambani Malonga (better known as Eric the Eel) participated in the 2000 Olympic Games for Equatorial Guinea in the 100m freestyle. What was his time?
- The number of times that Argentina have won the Copa America
- The number of goals that Michael Owen scored for Liverpool
- The number of frames that Fred Davis had to win to beat Walter Donaldson in the World Snooker Championship in 1948
- Tennis player Ivo Karlovic holds the record for the fastest serve – how fast?
- How many seasons in baseball did Babe Ruth successfully hit at least 40 home runs?
- Ted McDonald holds the world record for the longest distance travelled on a skate board in a 24 hour period. How far did he go?
- What is the course distance of the Boat Race?
- In which year did Manchester United play their first match at Old Trafford?
Roy Hodgson becomes England manager and the Manchester teams take the Premier title to the wire. Just a couple of the main topics in this last of our regular weekly podcasts for the season but of course the quiz goes on and this week was a close one and of course had its share of controversy and talking points that still had us arguing well after we had finished recording! (Here is a link to the full set of answers
in the last question which caused such disagreements)
Here are the questions that were asked in Round 2.
- The total number of goals scored by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for Manchester United ?
- South African Wicket-Keeper Mark Boucher holds the world record for most dismissals in test cricket – how many?
- In Wimbledon's longest match, how many aces did John Ishner serve against Nicolas Mahut?
- The number of teams that competed in the 2010 Copa Telmex in Mexico which started on January 2nd and finished on 14th November.
- The distance of the longest headed goal in competitive football scored by Jone Samuelsen for ODD Grenand against Tromso in 2011. (answer in metres)
- The number of victories Frank Bruno achieved during his boxing career
- The number of league goals scored by Jimmy Greaves for Chelsea in the 1960-61 season
- The world record time achieved by Michael Johnson for the 400 metres in 1999?
- How many times was Vinnie Jones sent off in his career?
- Suleiman Ali Nashrush is the record tallest basketball player – how tall? (answer in feet and inches)
Running Time 1hr 4mins
No real debates about any sport this week due to time restrictions and getting carried away watching Chelsea knock Barcelona out of the Champions League.
However, we did still manage to record the regular quiz which makes up a large amount of this podcast although there is some movie banter to begin with and even Gino discussing how to cook fish.
Only listening to this again it does sound as though George gave me an even more tough time that usual and maybe I am just too thick-skinned to get really irritated or even notice it too much at the time. I do mention a slight mistake in my introduction regarding Bristol City as they should have been included in the final set of answers in the last question of this weeks quiz and I will freely own up to that one - but with everything else George is wrong no matter how adamant he sounds. It just goes to show what you can prove with the power of having it recorded. It makes me wonder how many arguments over the years that he put up which were false claims but were just put over so strongly you would really struggle to disagree with him in the end. With podcasting for the first time I have the proof!
Running Time 52 mins
All sport should be banned! That is a topic of debate in our 13th (ironically) podcast as we discuss the aftermath of the Grand National and how ALL other sporting events are at some point effected by fatality (really?) We also take a time out from talking football to discuss the Formula One season so far but eventually do get back onto our main topic and discuss many of the key issues of the past week including some horrendous referee decisions including the one in the FA Cup semi-final which really is not even debatable! Diving gets talked about after the latest Ashley Young incident and we also talk about the amazing form of Wigan Athletic and can they now survive the drop?
This weeks quiz gives its usual array of some weird and wonderful answers including how fast can a man ride a bicycle and George creates a new world record for the 100 metres sprint! Gino also reveals some of his cheating rituals including of all things the board game of Monopoly and gets some of his answers this week from his love of food!
Running Time 1hr 10mins
Is Southport on the south coast? Who are "Tinsel Network Solutions"?!? Do Celtic play home matches at Ibrox? Do Irish team Finn Harps have a connection with a famous beer company of a similar name? These are just some of the points raised and asked during this weeks quiz! The quiz turns completely nostalgic this week with one round featuring questions from a long LONG time ago but in this case NOT from a galaxy far far away and fair play to both George and Gino for being able to give some good answers on top of the crazy ones as listed to begin with.
In debate we run through the latest goings on in the Premier League including some baffling officiating decisions in the last seven days, the seeming demise of Manchester City and Mario Balotelli, the FA Cup sem-finals and Newcastle's great run in comparison to Spurs struggle. We even have time to talk about this weekends Grand National and select some horses (see the Results/Predictions page) and mention some of our previous memories of selecting winners (or in most cases failures!)
Running Time 1hr 7mins